|Posted by Gina Schwartz on April 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM||comments (4)|
Enquring Minds is a weekly meme that I like. This is week 33 and the questions are:
1. How often do you go to the hair salon or beauty parlor?
I seem to be only barely able to manage to get my hair done every eight or ten weeks. I go on a Saturday which is the only day that I can manage. When I go I see the same ladies every time. These ladies get their hair done every week. I so envy them.
2. Have you ever had a massage?
I have never had a massage. I plan to get one soon though.
3. Have you ever been able to enjoy a full day of pampering at a spa?
No neither. What a sad life.
|Posted by Gina Schwartz on March 31, 2011 at 9:42 AM||comments (1)|
Enquiring Minds Want to Know
We are all familiar with the Enquiring Minds meme hosted by Dollycas Thoughts. This is week 31. Here are the questions:
WEEK 31 QUESTIONS
1. Are you a bath or shower person?
2. Do you bathe/shower in the morning or at night?
3. Do you have a hot tub or swimming pool?
1. I am definitely a shower person. Taking baths takes way too long.
2. I shower in the morning before I go to work and also at night before I go to bed. IT is hot here in the Tropics
3. I have neither a hot tub nor a swimming pool. I would love to have a swimming pool though but I would be worried about the children. I have heard far too many horror stories. Maybe when they are older.
|Posted by Gina Schwartz on January 27, 2011 at 9:07 AM||comments (1)|
I am glad to return to this meme this week after a long hiatus.
WEEK 22 QUESTIONS
1. What time do you usually wake up each morning?
During the week I wake up between 5 and 5:15 AM. On weekends I wake up between 7 and 8 AM.
2. What time do you usually go to sleep each night?
I ususally go to bed between 10 and 11.
3. Standing at the foot of your bed, do you sleep on the right side of the bed, left side of the bed, or do you have the whole bed to yourself?
I sleep on the right hand side of the bed.
|Posted by Gina Schwartz on December 2, 2010 at 10:25 AM||comments (6)|
Enquiring Minds - Week 14
I missed out on last week - I don't really remember why but I am back this week.
This weeks questions are:
1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I hate people to say one thing and do another. I believe that people should be straightforward. If you don't like me - there is no need to pretend that you do. You don't need to be rude but you don't need to pretend either.
2. Do you shop online?
I definitely shop on line all the time. Amazon is my best friend becuase they will take my credit card even thought it is not issued on a US Bank.
3. Have you ever traveled by train?
I have only travelled once by train. In 2008 I took my older daughter on vacation with me to Canada and we took a short train ride from Oakville to donwtown Toronto. I loved it.
|Posted by Gina Schwartz on November 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM||comments (2)|
I am late for Enquiring Minds this week but here goes.
1. Do/did your kids or grandkids take part in sports organized by school or recreation departments?
My two older children are members of a swim club and my son who is the younger of the two also does gymnastics and judo.
2. Were you involved in any sports while growing up?
Not really I was more of an indoors type so I did alot of reading.
3. How are you planning to spend Thanksgiving?
We do not celebrate thanksgiving here . We just wait for Christmas and have a big celebration. We have already begun to prepare for that.
|Posted by Gina Schwartz on November 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM||comments (3)|
Since we don't need an introduction to Enquiring Minds. Here are the questions for this week.
1. Do you have a Veteran in your family? (living or in the past)
No - no veterans. At least I don't think so.
2. Where were you born?
I was born in Trinidad which is an island inthe Caribbean off the coast of Venezuela.
3. Have you seen an good movies lately, in the theater or on DVD? Recommend one for us to watch.
The last good movie I saw was "Despicable Me". THis is billed as a children's movie, but it is really great for adults too.
|Posted by Gina Schwartz on November 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM||comments (1)|
Week 10 Questions
Since I don't need to introduce this weekly event. I will just jump right into the questions:
Did you vote on Tuesday?
This is not applicable to me as I don't live in the US, so no I didn't.
Where do you get news about what's happening in the world? (Newspapers, Internet, Local Television Stations, Cable News, etc.)
I have a long commute into and out of the city for work - about 90 minutes each way so I listed to news every hour on my car radio. Outside of this I also check Facebook and I read the newspapers whenever I get a chance.
Do you read in bed before you go to sleep?
This was one of my favourity things to do before I had a baby, but she sleeps in my room now and goes to sleep before I do so its dark when I get into bed. I am hoping ot move her itno her own room soon though.
|Posted by Gina Schwartz on October 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM||comments (4)|
Dollycas's thoughts hosts a meme "Enquiring Minds want to know".
Here are my answers:
WEEK 9 QUESTIONS
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY?
My favourity holiday is Christmas. In the Caribbean Christmas traditions are very important and passed down through generations. It is a great time for families to get together and catch up on old times.
ARE YOU DRESSING UP FOR HALLOWEEN?
IF YES, AS WHAT?
IF YOU HAVE KIDS ARE THEY DRESSING UP?
AGAIN IF YES, WHAT ARE THEY DRESSING UP AS?
One answer to both of these questions - We do not have a Halloween tradition in Trinidad so the answer is no to both. However because of our influences from North American culture and traditions - there is an upsurge of interst in this holiday lately.